So let's begin this round-up with the question I know you all are dying to know the answer to and the main thing on my mind, "How is the foot?"
Well, the foot is not good. As of the last round-up it was doing better and I had some confidence I would be able to muster through 12 miles of mud. Over the weekend I was even able to do some light running and playing at the park. Had a super fun time playing tag with my kids and a date I brought with us. Foot was a little sore, but held up. And now here it comes, the turn in the story. Three days later while taking the last step to my desk on my way into work, POP. Hmmm, that didn't feel right. It didn't immediately hurt, but it's was an uncomfortable pop in a place that isn't supposed to pop. So I immediately removed my shoe, sock, and the compression wrap from my forefoot. No signs of swelling, but within minutes the pain was back. Couldn't bear weight on it again. So here I am two days later still limping around and using crutches when I can. The pain has lessened each day, but it's there. It is very centralized around the middle area of my third metatarsal. It scares the heck out of me that it might be a stress fracture.
This is a pretty cool video highlighting most of a Tough Mudder run and all the obstacles. It's about 35 degrees outside when this one was ran in VA. I expect it to be in that range next Saturday. Note how soaking wet they are the entire time! I particularly love how the Tough Mudder people are nice enough blast everyone in the face with a fire hose right before they get electrically shocked in the last obstacle...BRING IT ON!
I know I've promised to be a Josh of All on this blog and so far my singular focus has been Tough Mudder and running, but that's the current adventure. There are some other things in the works, some beers to be brewed and brewing, some walls to be climbed and always some kind of drama in the LBC. So for this week I leave you with this:
The Head and the Heart "Lost in My Mind"
I've been obsessed with this song of late and my new friend (and only blog member here) posted the video the other day on dailymile.
No comments:
Post a Comment