So I get questions from people from time to time about what being an alcoholic, things like:
- What does it mean to be an alcoholic?
- What it's like?
- Do I have a problem,?
- Does my friend have a problem?
- Will you ever be able to drink normally,?
- Do you think about drinking all the time?
I'm working on a post to answer these questions. But first, I would like to get more questions. Go ahead ask. No question is dumb, no question will go unanswered and you can remain anonymous if you would like. Ask me about running, drinking, being a dad, personal history, AA, finding a sponsor, getting sober, whatever is on your mind. You can ask your question as a comment on this post, send me a tweet or DM @jbakeindy, or to keep it anonymous send me an e-mail, bakedaddy@gmail.com. By asking a question, you are really doing me a favor and helping me do some critical thinking. I learn best from teaching. There are many misconceptions about who or what an addict is, in respect to alcohol or drugs. I will do my best to give you the take from an insider.
I really like to share some fun video or music on Fridays. This week I have a new release from Kassidy. If you missed the last one, check my older weekly round-up post for the video to I Don't Know. I've said it before, but these guys are new and talented. Their music was just released in the U.S a few weeks ago and is sure to start picking up steam. Listen to this song once and you will find yourself humming the melody 10 minutes later and queuing it back up again.
Kassidy - I Can't Fly
I know someone who is an alcoholic. He's slowly losing everyone and everything. Just recently lost his job. My husband has tried to help him but seems to be someone that has to be monitored 24/7. Makes me wonder if they saying "they have to want to get help" really is the most important part!?
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the plunge!
You're one of those crazy plungers ... I should have known! Hope the armour theory has some merit, though we both know better.
ReplyDeleteI got some second had advice from a former army ranger/navy seal that it's best to go ahead and be as cold as possible and even shivering before ever hitting the freezing water. Less of a shock to the system and safer that way.
Delete